Welcome to the Farlang.com community, applications, platform, webpages, produced by Farlang (collectively, the “Farlang Community” or “Farlang.com”). Farlang values the privacy of the users, subscribers, publishers, members, and others who visit and use the Farlang Community (collectively or individually, “You” or “Users”).
By using the Farlang Community, you expressly consent to the information handling practices described in this notice.
1. The Information Farlang.com Collects
- User-provided Information: You may provide to Farlang.com what is generally called “personally identifiable” information (such as your name, email address, business information, business phone number, home/mobile telephone number) if you log in to the Farlang.com, or otherwise use the features and functionality of the
- “Cookies” Information: When you access Farlang.com, we may send one or more cookies – small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters – to your computer. Farlang.com may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Farlang Community. Persistent cookies can be removed. Please review your web browser “Help” file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings.
- “Automatically Collected” Information: When you access the Farlang community, we may automatically record certain information from your system by using different types of tracking technology. This “automatically collected” information may include Internet Protocol address (“IP Address”), a unique device or user ID, version of software installed, system type, the content and pages that you access on the Farlang Community, and the dates and times that you visit Farlang.com.
2. The Way Farlang.com Uses Information
- Farlang.com uses the information that you provide or that we collect to operate, maintain, enhance, and provide all of the features and services found in the Farlang community as well as to track user-generated content and Users to the extent necessary to comply as a service provider with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
- We will use your email address, without further consent, for administrative communications such as notifying you of major Farlang.com updates, for customer service purposes, to address copyright infringement or defamation issues, or to contact you regarding any content that you have posted to or downloaded from the Farlang community.
- Farlang.com uses all of the information that we collect to understand the usage trends and preferences of our Users, to improve the way the Farlang.com works and looks, and to create new features and functionality.
- Farlang.com may use “Automatically Collected” information and “Cookies” information to: (a) remember your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you access Farlang.com; (b) monitor aggregate site usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages accessed.
3. When Farlang.com Discloses Information
- Farlang does not share your personally identifiable information with other organizations. Please be aware, however, that any personally identifiable information that you voluntarily choose to display on the Farlang.com — such as information on your profile — becomes publicly available and may be collected and used by others without restriction.
- Farlang.com may disclose User information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws (such as U.S. Copyright law) or respond to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena, or warrant in the manner required by the requesting entity.
- Farlang.com also reserves the right to disclose User information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary: to take precautions against liability; to protect Farlang.com from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses; to investigate and defend ourselves against third-party claims or allegations; to assist government enforcement agencies; to protect the security or integrity of the Farlang community; or to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Farlang.com, our Users, or others.
4. Your Choices
You may, of course, decline to share your personally-identifiable information with Farlang.com, in which case Farlang.com will not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality found in the Farlang community.You may update, correct, or delete your user information and preferences at any time by making appropriate changes in your profile.
To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you account access or making corrections to your information.You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information at all times.
5. Our Commitment to Data Security
Farlang.com uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Farlang.com, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission of information, Farlang.com makes commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of our systems. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
If Farlang.com learns of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. Farlang.com may post a notice within the Farlang community if a security breach occurs.
7. International Visitors
For Users visiting the Farlang community from the European Economic Area or other non-U.S. territories, please note that any data you enter into the Farlang community will be transferred outside the European Economic Area or such other non-U.S. territory for use by Farlang.com for any of the purposes described herein. In addition, because Farlang.com operates globally, we may make information we gather available to worldwide business units and affiliates. By providing any data in the Farlang community, you hereby expressly consent to such transfers of your data to the United States or other countries.
9. Changes and Updates to this Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice may be revised periodically without further notice to you and this will be reflected by a “last modified” date below. Please revisit this page to stay aware of any changes. In general, we only use your personal information in the manner described in the Privacy Notice in effect when we received that personal information.Your continued use of Farlang.com constitutes your agreement to this Privacy Notice and any future revisions.
For revisions to this Privacy Notice that may be materially less restrictive on our use or disclosure of personal information you have provided to us, we will make reasonable efforts to notify you and obtain your consent before implementing revisions with respect to such information.
10. Farlang.com Contact Information
Please contact Farlang.com with any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice, your personal information by email. We will respond to your inquiry within 30 days of its receipt.
Last Updated: 25 February 2009.